Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday Morning Call

May I please introduce Papillon
(to those who have not yet met her).
She's a dream made real, and she's my partner
in my ongoing journey.
It's early. It's raining.

By the time anyone reads this (IF anyone reads this), I will have been on the road for hours.

It's the big decision ride.

I'm freshly shaven. My calf is taped and braced.

But, how will my calf do? How is my fitness?

This morning is the test.

I'm shooting for 100+. I need to know if I can make that mileage; and if I can, how I feel. And how will I recover?

Ultimately, can I hang with the big boys? Or, will I ride with a different group, focusing more on friendship, comradeship, and enjoying the day for what may come?

Ambitions are stubborn things; they die hard.

It's decision day.

Kinesiology Tape + Ankle Brace = Hope
Gladiators got nuthin' on me!

2 comments:

  1. Ryan, I have been tracking your blog site, great stuff!!
    I am the DM for Victoria secret in Utah and am coming
    out to ride pelotonia both days. 180 miles will be great. I do a bunch of riding
    and racing so I look forward to riding with you. Do you know if we will have a fast group riding both days? Just curious. I have not done the ride in the past. I fly in Friday afternoon, maybe we can meet at the limited tent at the opening.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff...Thanks for the pleasant comment! You're the dungeon master for VS? I didn't think they had such things! (poor joke, worse taste...)
    There is a fast group on day one. Many fewer are fast on Day 2, and they usually leave a little before the "official" start time. YES, we will need to meet up at the tent. I plan to wear something that indicates that I am "Wheelsucker". If not, look for one of the Razeks (Scott or Ed). Ed can guide you to Scott, who I will be following like a puppy all day!

    ReplyDelete