Monday, August 8, 2011

Help Me Celebrate! Let's End Cancer!

I'm alive! Five years after my bout with cancer, I'm still here and thriving!


Please help me raise $4000 to help END CANCER!

Donate to Pelotonia
at my rider page
.

  • 100% OF EVERY DOLLAR
    raised goes directly to life-saving cancer research!
  • DOLLAR MATCH, TOO!
    Every dollar you contribute will be matched by The Limited Brands! I will be wearing their colors proudly!
It's been an amazing, celebratory time. I am blessed in so many ways.

And I'm committed to enabling survival for others.

I'm hoping you will join me by making a donation to Pelotonia to help end cancer!

There. I wrote it. It's a call to action. It's up front and direct. I'm not trying to manipulate (though I am trying to cajole).

Please help!

It's bold! It's green! It's bad design!
If you can help make it prettier, I'd appreciate the help! →

Streeeeeeetching Every Dollar Raised...


I'm riding with the Limited Brands Peloton. You know the organization as as The Limited, Bath & Body Works, and Victoria's Secret. I know them as mind-blowingly generous financiers in the battle against cancer.

We wear pink.

They're dreamy. I'm not. But I guarantee I'm faster on a bike!
We also get a dollar-for-dollar match on the donations we receive.

Wow.

It's so incredible that it needs to be repeated:  we get a dollar-for-dollar match on the donations we receive.

Combine this dollar match with the fact that 100% of all donations go directly to fight cancer, and you are assured that your donation is being multiplied and treated as the precious resource it is.

It's a powerful weapon with which we can fight the beast.

So, What Is Pelotonia?

It's thousands of people riding for one cause. It's two days. It's 180 miles of riding cancer into the ground.

We're not all cyclists. We're...you: We're patients and survivors; we're family; we're friends; we're hipsters and trendies; we're do-gooders and hangars-on.

We're you.

Where Does My Money Go?

It goes directly to research and treatment.

Funds raised have been allocated:
  • To provided support to 64 of the brightest undergraduate, graduate, medical and postdoctoral students across the University who are working on promising cancer research.
  • To support 10 different cancer investigator teams at the OSUCCC-James. Specifically, these teams were selected from among many applicants because their idea provided an opportunity for making a significant impact on cancer.
  • To help bring new treatments to patients. Specifically, these funds are providing support to the production of a cancer vaccine that is anticipated to be used in clinical trials in cancer patients.

It's good stuff. It's the right kind of stuff. It's impactful and relevant.

Please help me celebrate life; and please help me to contribute to the end of these wicked diseases. Let's do it together!

- Ray
I'm Wheelsucker...Riding cancer into the ground since 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment