Sunday, August 7, 2011

How I Celebrated My 5th

Thomas Dolby in a body condom?
Who says black is slimming?
What a day!

Simple, enjoyable, fun!

Here's the rundown:

  • I stayed in bed a little late, and cuddled with BCB and the LAs!
  • I got an amazing letter from my beloved!
  • I shared said letter with friends and family...I have facebook messages that warmed my heart!
  • I was reminded to thrive.
  • I spent two hours on the trainer, working on cardio and rehabbing my torn calf.
  • I changed the battery on the minivan (boo!).
  • I tried on my Father's Day / Birthday present (that happened to arrive on Anniversary Day eve)...my first triathlon wetsuit! How? By running around in the lawn with the LAs and a hose!

Does it fit? Let's find out when wet!
  • I ate blackberries until my lips turned black, making me look like a goth!
  • I beamed with joy!
  • I laughed (a lot!) at myself...and (sometimes) for no reason at all.
  • I savored a day that was a long time coming.
  • I shared it with my girls.
  • I cried (a little)
  • I was humbled.


Spray daddy, or lil' sister? Decisions, decisions.
  • I thought long and hard about all the people who helped me...who encouraged me...and who gave of themselves in ways small and large. My appreciation far exceeds my language...my voice. I can never truly thank them all. And I can never thank them all enough.
  • I slept like a baby

Not a bad day. Not a bad day at all.

And without being trite...it's the first day of the rest of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Very funny! And mega congrats on 5 yes, and living Life!!

    ReplyDelete