Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Rollin', rollin', rollin'....



Rollin', rollin', rollin'
Though the streams are swollen
Keep them doggies rollin'
Rawhide! 


<--You gotta love the Blues Brothers!


So, the snow kept us all inside. No road riding for this boy when there was 30 inches of the white and fluffy outside! And no outside riding while Maryland tried to come to terms with the issue of "what do we do with all this snow?"

The result? A month of spin classes and rollers.

That's a lot of hours on the rollers. Thank god for Sergio Leone.

Until I broke out the Dollars Trilogy, I could do 60 minutes, maximum. With M. Leone's assistance, I was able to increase to 90 minutes. At 90 minutes, however, the complete lack of feeling in my pinkies and ring fingers meant that I had to get off the bike. No amount of in-ride shaking or repositioning would stop the tingly madness.

With fingers like that, Ramó, El Indio, or Tuco would have had me dead to rights...

Nevertheless, when I was riding, I was a happy gerbil. Almost as happy as this lad...


This weekend promises the opportunity of getting out on the road.

I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment