Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Giro di Washington è assurdo...ma mi piace! (Parlo italiano male.)

The Giro in Washington is absurd...but I like it! (I speak Italian badly.)

Organizers are reportedly talking with Mayor Adrian "Shameless Cycling FanBoy" Fenty about starting the 2012 Giro in DC. This makes perfect sense, considering Washington's :
  • Close proximity to Milan and the quick, easy transportation options between the two cities
  • Rich Italian heritage:the legacy of generations of immigration (from such cities as Boston and New York)
  • Abiding passion for the sport, as evidenced by the considerate honking heard from local taxi and bus driving professionals
Don't get me wrong, I heartily, selfishly, and unabashedly support it. I will gladly wear pink!

If Hizzoner Adrian "I like DZ Nuts" Fenty* can make it happen, I would be willing to forgive him for his horrible decisions regarding DC's parking policy.

Now, what I really want to know is...what are the disclosure requirements for his custom Colnago?

* I have no idea if he likes DZ Nuts. I know I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment