Monday, December 22, 2014

Holiday Reminder

Everyone:

It's the holiday season. So very much happens. Most of it seems to be out of our control. It's confusing, this maddening madness.

And most of it is a complete waste of energy.

I did not participate much last year. I was "otherwise occupied". I remember little of last December. And what I do remember...well, I prefer to not dwell.

This year, I recognize how blessed I am to to have wonderful people around me; and I realize how little of what swirls around us this month matters.

Many people I know are overcome by real situations--not manufactured ones. And I empathize with their situations, and I wish there was something I could do to help in a meaningful way.

And I have learned that one of the greatest gifts we give to one another is...ourselves.

So, pick up the phone. Type a quick note. Leave a quick message that says: "I was thinking of you, and I wanted you to know." Or, get crazy, and say: "I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate you."

You might make someone's day.

You certainly will bring out a smile.

And it won't cost you a thing.

You've got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment