Sunday, October 27, 2013

Whither Wheelsucker?

Constant Reader, a lot is going on right now. You have been more than a little patient with me, and I deeply appreciate all the support you have shown—by merely reading.

The quick update is this:
I begin receiving the TIP chemotherapy regimen on Sunday, November 3rd on an inpatient basis at Georgetown University Hospital.

That sentence says much. That sentence leaves out so very, very much.

What have I been doing?

I am doing the business of real life in preparation for a long anti-vacation. And I am forming my care team and care plan. And I'm working through the things I need, the things I want, and the things I need to set aside.

And I have been living life—enjoying the Little Angels, enjoying time for me, and enjoying my friends and family.

But, I am behind on my blogging. I have between five and ten posts in draft form. Some may be combined, some may wither and die.

I do not plan to let Wheelsucker Diaries wither.

Wheelsucker will not die.

I have a plan.

Once I begin chemotherapy, I will post short entries daily that will focus on my regimen, its side effects, and its affect on my daily experience of life. I imagine a daily entry might include information on:
  • Which drugs I receive, when, for how long
  • How I am feeling (physically)
  • How I am doing (all the other ways)
  • What I am eating
  • The status of my bowel movements
  • Which nurses I have pissed off
  • Which patents I have befriended
  • What I am reading, listening to, or viewing

I will supplement with extended essays on various, related subjects. Examples include:
  • How you can support me (What to say and what to do when...)
  • Sex
  • An open letter to The Charlatans
  • All the stuff you needed to do before you started chemotherapy
  • All the crap you didn't think about before starting chemotherapy
  • Sex
  • Family
  • Friends
  • My Bucket List
  • Sex

And, to continue the saga as a saga, I will detail experiences I have had, continuing my telling of Odyssey II. Already, there are missed chapters, such as:
  • Heavy PETting
  • Johns Hopkins Dandies
  • Georgetown's Militaristic Hippies
  • Driving with Dad


As you can see, there's a lot of work for me to do.

It's motivating. It's centering. It's what I need.

I hope you'll come along for the ride.

What will be will be what will be.
I've got this.


No comments:

Post a Comment