Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I've Had Some Crazy Ideas...But THIS?

Last year I had an idea...
I would tie together two of my passions: futbol and cycling.

I would work with DC United, Sporting Kansas City, and the Columbus Crew to do a cancer charity ride.

I would ride from RFK to Livestrong Sporting Park, via Columbus Crew stadium.

I would seek sponsorship for the logistics, and I would raise money, splitting the donations 50/50 between Livestrong, Pelotonia, and (yet-to-be-determined Washington, DC-based cancer-related charity).

It would take place during the summer, and I would time my Kansas City arrival to coincide with a DC United match.

That proposal exists. I can link to it.

So, why mention it now?

There's a fine line between madness and genius.


These guys are straddling that line with their perineums.

Two non-cyclists are pedaling their way from Manassas, VA to Green Bay, Wisconsin.

It's for a good cause. (You can follow their descent into madness.)

Now. (January.)

Timing their arrival for the NFC Championship game.

There's only one problem (well, actually, there are scores of problems...). The Packers lost. The game is in San Francisco.

There's a fine line between euphoria and dispair.

These guys are straddling it with their souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment