Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Line in the Sand (a Sort-of Manifesto)

I wrote a post the other day in which I commented on my weaknesses in the face of (yet another) recovery.

I wrote "Something's got to change..."

Let's begin.

Seven Pledges


I hereby pledge to myself, mine own self, and none other self, in the full light of day, under the gaze of all who read the words written herein and all who witness the deeds (or deed-nots) of my self, mine own self, and none but myself, that I (hereinafter known as "Wheelsucker", "Flalloper", "The Accidental Runner", "Mr. OneNutt", or "Bobo the Idiot Circus Clown") will adhere to the following declaration of intentions and activities.
  1. I shall write a post to this blog a minimum of once per week.

  2. I shall write one post each month focusing on cancer in some significant way.

  3. I shall write a post to my professional blog a minimum of once every two weeks.

  4. I shall document my meal plan on this blog.

  5. I shall document every violation of my eating plan on this blog.

  6. I shall document my exercise plan on this blog each fortnight. This documentation will not count toward my weekly posting requirement.

  7. I shall document every missed (or curtailed) workout on this blog.

I—with open heart and mind—pledge to perform these tasks mindfully. I pinkie-promise myself that I shall be honest and diligent in my disclosures.

Violations


A "violation" is defined as actions or inactions by Wheelsucker that prevent him from fulfilling the requirements identified in the aforementioned pledges. Examples of such actions are:
  • Failure to post to this blog once during a Monday-Sunday cycle
  • Failure to post about a cancer-related topic during a calendar month
  • Failure to post to InterWoven thoughts once during a fortnight (beginning November 1, 2011)
  • Failure to document my meal plan or any changes to said meal plan, within one day of said changes
  • Consumption of a Snickers bar constitutes a single violation. Consumption of two Snickers bars constitutes two violations
  • Consumption of two Snickers bars, a granola bar, two bags of chips, and a soda constitutes abject stupidity, probable depression, need for intervention, six violations, and the need for some 'splaining
  • Failure to post my workout schedule in each fortnight, starting November 1, 2011
  • Sleeping in when I should be at the gym
  • Cutting a planned workout short

Vacations and illness do not exempt Wheelsucker from Pledges 1-4. They do exempt him from Pledges 5-7 for the duration of the vacation or illness.

Remedies


For every violation I pledge to contribute one dollar to a sin-bin.

This sin-bin shall be an unbreakable "piggy bank" of some sort (specifics to be determined).

The proceeds of this sin bin shall be donated to a cancer-related charity in one year's time.

Credits


There ain't none. No brownie points here. No getting ahead. No make-ups.

Be accountable.

Be GREAT.

Be GRATEFUL.

FLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment