Thursday, August 12, 2010

Maybe the Stolen Bike Was a Good Thing?

Today is Thursday: bike commute day. But not today, because my bike was stolen last week.

And this morning, I am thankful, for today I took the bus.

A vicious storm raged through Silver Spring. Had I been on my bike, I would have been right in the center of it.
  • Heavy rain? check
    (at a rate of 4-5 inches an hour)
  • Lightning? check
    (More than 800 strikes, according to the weather folks.)
  • Hail? check
  • Felled trees? check
  • Felled trees on cars? check
  • Flooding? check
  • Power outages? check
    (more than 100,000 customers in the dark)

Sligo Creek Parkway was underwater. So much for that route.

Rock Creek was flooded. There were rescues performed due to the flash floods.

Today is Thursday: bike commute day. But not today, because my bike was stolen last week.

And this morning, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment